Tuesday, May 28, 2013

point perspective



The Point Perspective drawing was a very hard project. Even though I enjoyed it, it was very difficult. First off, I had to choose what letters I was going to use. I wanted the drawing to define myself so I decided to do my initials. The hardest part in drawing my initials was drawing the 'K' and 'B'. The 'M' was the easiest because it was kind of like drawing bubble letters. The 'K' and 'B' took a while to draw because the initials were being drawn at a birds eye view and slanting at the same time.  The lines had to be perfectly proportioned to the vanishing point. If the lines weren't perfect, the shape would not appear 3D. For the background, I chose a golf ball and golf course because I play golf. Trying to make the texture on the golf ball look realistic was a challenge. The golf ball had to look 3D or else it wouldn't meet the accommodations for the project. Coloring the drawing was my favorite part. I always add value and color because it can make a dull piece of artwork look so much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment